What comes to your mind when you read or hear the word PROPOSAL?
What comes to your mind may include;
- Applying for an academic program
- Planning for something
- Approval of ideas
- Dissertation writing
DEFINITION: A clear plan written in the futuristic showing how a researcher intends to write their dissertation (Robindos Research Consultancy, 2020).
- At Robindos Research Consultancy we help our clients to write dissertation proposals using the guidelines of their respective universities.
Dissertation proposal structure!!!
There is no fixed structure writing a proposal and usually universities and supervisors provide their preferred structure. However, the common structure at Robindos Research Consultancy is as follows;
- Title page
- Table of Content Page
- Chapter 1: INTRODUCTION
- Background to the study
- Statement of the problem
- Aim of study
- Objectives of study
- Research questions & or hypotheses
- Significance of study
- Assumptions Scope (delimitations)
- Definition of terms
- Chapter 2: LITERATURE REVIEW
- Under subheadings related to the objectives of the research
- Chapter 3: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- Research design/plan, Data collection methods, Sampling Research instruments, Methods of data presentation and analysis.
- Work Plan, Time schedule
- Research Budget