What comes to your mind when you read or hear the word CHAPTER ONE?
What comes to your mind may include;
- Providing background information
- Introducing a dissertation
- Writing research objectives
- Problem identification
DEFINITION: Commonly known as chapter one, this section introduces the dissertation using certain headings which include but are not limited to background to the study, statement of the problem, research objectives, research questions, significance of the study, delimitations, limitations and the organization of the study (Robindos Research Consultancy, 2020).
•At Robindos Research Consultancy we help our clients to write their introduction chapter using the guidelines of their respective universities.
Chapter one (introduction chapter) structure!!!
There is no fixed structure writing a chapter one (introduction chapter) and usually universities and supervisors provide their preferred structure. However, the common structure at Robindos Research Consultancy is as follows;
- Background to the study
- Statement of the problem
- Aim of study
- Objectives of study
- Research questions & or hypotheses
- Significance of study
- Scope (delimitations)
- Definition of terms
- Organization of the study
- Chapter summary
At Robindos Research Consultancy we assist our clients to write excellent introduction and background sections.
- Once you’ve identified a research problem you need to;
- Write the statement of problem.
- Write the topic to the study
- Write the aim of study
- Identify sub problems:
- Completely research able units.
- That add up to the total problem.
- Write the research aims
- Write the research objectives
- Identify research hypotheses
- State the research assumptions
- State the research delimitations
- State the research limitations
- Define some terms
- Write the significance of the study.