What comes to your mind when you read or hear the word ASSIGNMENT?
What comes to your mind may include;
- Homework writing
- Essay writing
- Research paper writing
- An academic task given by an instructor
DEFINITION: An assignment is an academic undertaking that is given to students by their instructor which relies on the student’s own research on a particular topic (Robindos Research Consultancy, 2020).
Structure of an assignment!!!
There is no fixed structure writing an assignment and usually universities and supervisors provide their preferred structure. However, the common structure at Robindos Research Consultancy is as follows;
Assignment writing tips
- Check the word count, deadline and any guidance from your department
- Read through any learning outcomes or marking criteria
- If there is a choice of questions, make some initial notes on each one (or a few that appeal) and make a careful decision
- Unpick your chosen (or given) question and ensure that you understand exactly what it is asking you to do